SCOTTSDALE TIPS CLUB BYLAWS – AS AMENDED DECEMBER 1997
NAME AND PURPOSE OF ORGANIZATION
SECTION 1: NAME
This organization shall be known as the Scottsdale Tips Club, hereinafter referred to as the STC
SECTION 2: PURPOSE
The purpose of the STC is to promote all the businesses represented by this club by exchanging referrals every week, by all members, whether present or not.
SECTION 3: DEFINITION OF A REFERRAL
A referral is a bonafide prospect for a member’s goods and/or services.
SECTION 1: QUALIFICATION
- Any person engaged in a business or profession not in conflict with the primary business of an existing member may become a prospective member of the STC by being sponsored by a member in good standing.
- members may also be engaged in a secondary business. Decisions as to conflicts will be made by the STC on a case by case basis.
<br/ >SECTION 2: MEMBERSHIP PROCEDURE
- The prospective member’s name will be verbally announced to the STC by the sponsoring member prior to the appearance of the prospective member. If a member has an objection it can be voiced at that time.
- The sponsoring member must be able to give a full and sincere recommendation based on business character.
- If no opposition is present the prospective member shall appear at the next meeting. The prospective member will introduce him or herself and briefly describe their business and their desire to join the STC
- The prospective member will then submit an application to the membership committee showing company affiliation and job description with a description of the range of services the prospective member expects to provide
- The membership committee shall, by a majority of the members on the committee, vote and decide whether the prospective member should be accepted for membership and shall make a recommendation to the STC at the next regular meeting following the membership committee having met.
- The application will be read to the STC in accordance with the above and the membership committee’s recommendation shall be given. if there are no objections to the membership committee’s recommendation, its decision shall be final. If there is an objection to the committee’s recommendation, the person(s) objecting shall arrange to meet with the committee to voice the objection. The committee will then re-vote and the new decision will be final.
- Upon acceptance, the new member will schedule a business related talk, and pay dues and initiation fees, if any, immediately.
<br/ >SECTION 3: CHANGE IN MEMBERSHIP
- In the event that an existing member changes company affiliation, occupation and/or the range of services offered, such member shall resubmit to the membership committee a new job description showing the new company, occupation and/or change in range of services. The membership committee shall, by a majority of the members on the committee, vote and decide whether the new job description constitutes a conflict with an existing member and shall make a recommendation to the STC at the next regular meeting following the membership committees having met. The member who is submitting the job description will be asked not to be present at the meeting where the job description is read.
- The new resume/job description will be read to the STC in accordance with the above and the membership committee’s recommendation shall be given . If there are no objections to the membership committee’s recommendation, its decision shall be final. If there is an objection to the committee’s recommendation, the person(s) objecting shall arrange to meet with the committee to voice the objection. The committee will then re-vote and the new decision will be final.
<br/ >ARTICLE III
SECTION 1: OFFICERS AND EXECUTIVE BOARD
The officers of the STC shall consist of President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. The Executive Board shall consist of all officers and the past president.
SECTION 2: DUTIES OF THE OFFICERS
THE PRESIDENT: The president shall preside at all meetings, Executive Board meetings, and appoint such committees as the President or STC shall find necessary.
THE VICE PRESIDENT: The Vice President schedules speakers and shall assume all of the President’s duties in the absence of the President.
THE SECRETARY: The Secretary shall be responsible for correspondence as directed by the President and minutes as necessary.
THE TREASURER: The Treasurer shall keep accounts and collect all fees, dues and fines owed the STC.
THE EXECUTIVE BOARD: The Executive Board shall meet at the discretion of the President to formulate policy, discuss the growth and management of the STC and act as the judiciary arm of the STC for items not decided by the Membership Committee.
SECTION 3: ELECTIONS
- At the first meeting in October each year the President will appoint a nominating committee of three non officers.
- At the following meeting the nominating committee will submit a slate of nominations chosen from members in good standing. At this same meeting nominations will be accepted from the floor.
- At the following meeting the Majority vote by quorum shall elect from the list of nominations the aforementioned officers, who shall serve a term of one year commencing on the first Wednesday of November.
<br/ >SECTION 4: MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE
- The membership committee shall consist of 5 people: the immediate past President, the current Vice President and 3 people appointed by the President. In the event that the past President is not available to serve on the committee, the President shall appoint an additional member.
- The membership committee shall select a chairperson.
- The membership committee shall be responsible for maintaining the resumes/applications, deciding on whether new members should be accepted and making decisions on whether there is a business conflict between members.
<br/ >ARTICLE IV
SECTION 1: The STC shall meet weekly at such time and place as shall be determined by a majority vote of the membership.
SECTION 2: A quorum consists of two thirds of all members in Good Standing.
DUES AND FINES
SECTION 1: DUES
Initiation Fees shall be set by a majority vote of members. the initiation shall pay for the directory. A quarterly amount shall also be set by a majority vote of the members. This quarterly amount shall pay for the member’s breakfasts whether in attendance or not. Dues are due on the first Wednesday at the beginning of each Quarter.
SECTION 2: FINES
A fine of $1.00 shall be paid by any member who does not have a referral to report on the day of a meeting. A fine of $2.00 shall be paid for every meeting missed by a member.
TERMINATION OF MEMBERSHIP
- Termination by a member shall be effective when written notice is delivered to an officer by a member.
- The STC may terminate a member if the member misses three (3) meetings consecutively without notice. In the case of such termination, the member is dropped from the roll and will be notified by a member of the Executive Board of the termination.
- The STC may terminate a member if the member is more than thirty days late paying dues.
- The STC shall terminate a member if it is determined by 2/3 of the membership that the member should be terminated for any reason.
<br/ >SECTION 2:
- All charges, dues and fines are due and payable immediately upon termination of membership.
These bylaws may be amended only by a two thirds vote of the members, provided that notice of the purpose of the proposed amendment has been stated in the two previous meetings.